Thursday, March 28, 2013

Closer...

Left Pahrump for a stop in Beatty, NV.  Cute little town.  We went to Rhyolite ghost town today.  Rod got caught trying to go into the ruins of a brothel.  LOL. 

Tomorrow we will head for Hawthorne.  Following the weather & it looks like thunderstorms this weekend so we want to get closer to Carson City.

One of the things that has been really fun, at least for me, is the book exchanges that are at about 99% of the RV Parks we have visited.  I have read lots of books over the past 7 months.  Found some new authors & read fave past authors.  In fact, I read one mystery novel, & there was a part of it I quite couldn't figure out.  I emailed the author & she wrote me back.  Seems it was a novel she wrote a long time ago & couldn't remember how she had worked out the part I had a question about.  It was cool that she wrote back though.

Plans for after Hawthorne will depend on the weather.  We would like to go to Walker River before we head in to Carson City.  We'll see. 

Can't wait to see everyone back in Oregon.  Don't forget to root for the Ducks tomorrow night.  They are playing Louisville Friday night.  Wouldn't it be cool if they upset the #1 team predicted to win the NCAA championship.

GO DUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment