Thursday, March 7, 2013

6 Months

I can't believe we have been full-timing it for 6 months.  Where has the time gone?

Our last weekend here in Las Vegas & then off we go back to Oregon.  We will take about 6 weeks & have decided to go back through Carson City & maybe look at some property.  Actually there are a couple places we will look at property this Summer.  Maybe a winter base & then north for the Summer or a Summer base & south for the winter.  So many possibilities!

Nascar fever is here in Las Vegas so we are going to wait to do anything until the "tourists" are gone. LOL 

I have been doing some crafting & have made some samples for the classes I will be doing in Roseburg in May.  I am getting quite adept at making a huge mess, but everything is back in place when I am finished. 

My new passion is Pinterest. Who knew.  I have found lots of great recipes I can actually cook in the RV.  Our favorite is Sweet & Sour Chicken.  Check out my boards.  I can also pin my photos from my phone to my boards & then upload them to the computer.  I really want to do some kind of a memory book about our first year travelling.  I plan on copying my blog entries & mixing in photos of what we have done.

More later...we have a lot to do in the next week to get ready to hit the road hard.  Rethinking what we really need & getting rid of some stuff & adding other stuff.  One thing for sure we are going through the storage unit in Roseburg & getting rid of boxes of "I think I might need these things someday" when we were packing up.  It is amazing how little you really need & everything else is just stuff.

Our RV is our home & it really does feel homey.  There is stuff on the counter, photos & a calendar on the refridgerator, pillows on the couch, Kilo's blankie on the floor, you know the usual.  There are so many nooks and crannies of storage that we have everything we need & want.  It feels natural to live in the RV & call it home.

I don't know how much travelling we will do.  I know going across country is pretty much out because of gas prices, but there is still a lot to see in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, and maybe Arizona.  California, not so much because it is so expensive, especially gas.  I have an app (I love apps) called the Gas Buddy.  All I have to do is type in the city and state & it tells us where the cheapest gas is at.  Then, we plug in the address with OnStar & we can go get cheap gas.  Cool huh? 

Another fave app is theWeather Bug.  We will use this a lot on the way home to check out weather conditions in any city.  Again, plug in the city and state & you have the weather for 7 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment