Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Little Delay...

They say the best laid plans are...going to get messed up?  Well, ours did & I did it.  I contracted some bug with a 103 degree fever, swelling on the right side of my face to chipmunk size, a very swollen glands.

It started Sunday night & we both knew I was sick when I couldn't stay up to watch "Once Upon A Time" or eat!  When I woke Monday it was at its worse with the fever so we went to an Urgent Care.  They said I needed to go to the Emergency because what they would have done for any normal person, they couldn't do for me.  I am allergic to tons of antibiotics & they only had penicillin, my worse nemesis.

Off we go to University Medical Center.  We got there at 3:30 pm & we were finished at midnight.  Yep - 8 and a half hours, blood test, CAT scan, 7 stations, and God only knows how much we will be billed for, I can safely say everything is AOK.  It is cellulitis of the face & where it came from...Who Knows!!!???

Today is Tuesday & since I have to have a follow up check in with a doctor, so we are staying an extra week.

On the happy side?...it is so heating up.  Rod broke out the shorts & his "Jesus" shoes/sandals.  Today - 79 tomorrow - 80's, they are even talking 90 this week.  Air conditioning here we come.



No comments:

Post a Comment